1. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT CUSTOMERS DOES FRANK & OAK GATHER?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your shopping experience at Frank & Oak. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future shopping for you, improving our stores, and communicating with you, but we respect your privacy when we market our products and services.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Frank & Oak.
Certain information, although convenient for identification, is voluntary. It is up to you whether you want to provide this or other suitable identification, subject to any legal requirements.
We collect, use and disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
2. HOW DOES FRANK & OAK HANDLE COOKIES?
- Cookies are small files that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser, to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as personalized greetings, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
3. DOES FRANK & OAK SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we're not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf but, we do not sell to third parties any Personal Information. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Frank & Oak Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Frank & Oak and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Frank & Oak, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you'll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you'll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
4. HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- It's important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you've finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
- As discussed above, you always can choose not to provide information, although it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of additional Frank & Oak suite features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as your personal account information, profile and measurements.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please email us so we can further assist you. (If you don't want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices still will govern your use of Frank & Oak, and it's your responsibility to review them for changes.)
We keep the personal information we collect about you strictly confidential. Only authorized personnel have access to this personal information.
5. WHAT ABOUT THIRD-PARTY ADVERTISERS AND LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party Web sites.
6. WHICH INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Frank & Oak gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with Frank & Oak for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information. This list will change as our Web site evolves.
7. ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED TO USE FRANK & OAK?
If you're under 18, you may use Frank & Oak only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you choose to visit Frank & Oak, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of Canada. If you have any concern about privacy at Frank & Oak, please contact us, and we'll try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
8. RELATED PRACTICES AND INFORMATIONSee Terms & Conditions of Use
9. EXAMPLES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you've used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; compile Wish Lists; and provide and rate reviews, when applicable. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
You may withdraw, verify accuracy or change some information you give us at any time, provided there are no legal requirements to prevent this, by calling 1-866-913-2501 or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
INFORMATION YOU CAN ACCESS
Examples of information you can currently access easily at Frank & Oak include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences, address book), payment settings (including credit card information, gift certificate, gift card, and check balances), e-mail notification settings, Wish Lists, and recommendations.